Partner Addleshaw Goddard
Andrew specialises in mergers and acquisitions (both public and private), private equity and joint ventures. He has acted for companies, private equity houses, individuals and partnerships on a range of domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and other transactions.
He has particular expertise in private equity transactions and advises private equity houses on new investments, managing their portfolio companies during the life of those investments and on helping them to achieve successful exits. Andrew also acts opposite private equity houses – advising sellers and management teams during new investments and in supporting them throughout the life of their business. This gives Andrew, and his clients, the benefit of experience of dealing with private equity investors from all angles and an insight into what really does, and should, matter for each interested party.
Andrew won the prestigious Young Lawyer Award at the North West Young Professionals Awards in 2010 and was also shortlisted for Young Professional of the Year.
Recent highlights include acting for:
- Equistone and Inflexion on their investment in UK Power Reserve
- Inflexion and management on their £140 million sale of CTC Aviation
- Living Bridge on its £54 million acquisition of Sykes Cottages
- The shareholders and management of Travel Counsellors on their investment from Equistone
- NorthEdge Capital on its £66 million acquisition of Accrol Papers
- Inflexion Private Equity on a number of acquisitions including CTC Aviation and Natural Products
- LDC on a number of acquisitions and disposals including WRG and ATP
- Phoenix Private Equity on its acquisition of Key Retirement Solutions
- Co-operative Group on:
- The £620 million disposal of its pharmacy business to the Bestway Group
- Its liability management exercise, including the disposal of assets to The Co-operative Bank plc
- Its £1.6 billion acquisition of the Somerfield supermarket chain
- Its joint venture with Thomas Cook Group
- Peel Media on its £500 million joint venture with Legal & General for MediaCityUK
- Moneysupermarket.com on its acquisition of Financial Services Net and OnTrees and on two joint ventures
- Thermo Fisher Scientific on its acquisitions of Raymond A. Lamb, Sterilin Ltd and the sale of Electrothermal Ltd
- Capita on its acquisitions of DLA Direct, Pathway, Turner MacFarlane Green and Reliance Task Management
- Law Society qualification date: 2004
- The University of Manchester – LLB (2001)