Manchester Tech Trust ("MTT", "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting manchestertechtrust.com ("our site") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Manchester Tech Trust whose registered office is at 100 Barbirolli Square, Manchester, United Kingdom, M2 3AB.
In this policy, references to "services" offered and/or provided by MTT may include, without limitation:
- the provision of, or arranging of access to, business advice, guidance, assistance and mentoring;
- the provision of access to seminars, advice sessions, networking opportunities and events hosted, organised or sponsored by MTT or with which MTT is otherwise involved or associated; and
- making introductions to businesses and individuals who have an interest in Manchester's technology sector.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you contact us via our site, when you sign up to our email newsletter and/or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); information viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, investors, advisors, mentors and other businesses operating in or with the technology community) and may receive information about you from them if you have consented to this.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to send you information and updates about MTT (including its activities, events and services). We will only contact you for such purposes by electronic means (such as email or SMS) if:
we have previously provided to you, or you have enquired about, services that are similar to those referred to in the email or SMS; or
you have expressly asked us to do so (including by signing up to our email newsletter via our site);
- to notify you about changes to our site or our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site (if any), when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
investors, advisors, mentors and other businesses operating in or with the technology community so that they can contact you, if you have indicated to us that you wish to be contacted by them (for example for business networking purposes);
event organisers, where you have asked to attend an event (such as a networking event or advice session) hosted, organised or sponsored by MTT or with which MTT is otherwise involved or associated so that they can make arrangements for your attendance;
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored at a destination within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to reasonably protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by:
- clicking the unsubscribe link (in relation to our email newsletter); or
- in all other cases, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.